Sunday, December 28, 2008

Don’t wait for January 1

by Nicki Salcedo

(Left: Me at cluttered computer trying to conquer the world!)

I don’t like New Year’s Resolutions. If I’m going to be successful at something (writing, weight loss, cleaning), I have to start it immediately. I can’t wait for a Monday or the first of the month or the beginning of the year. I hope all of my friends are able to start new habits today or when the mood strikes them. I do have big plans for 2009, but I’ve already jumped the gun and gotten a head start on the New Year!

Personal Goals

  • Lose the dreaded final 30 pounds (that’s about 15 kilos, give or take). Run, yoga, weights, chase monsters, consider putting sex into my exercise routine (burned calories are burned calories)
  • Redefine my image. I am going to become a grown up if it kills me. I’ve bought dresses, heeled shoes (who invented these things, they are horrible), and other girly things. Already miss my old soccer shorts and sneakers!
  • Keep the clutter out of my house. Dirt is a big distraction for me. I don’t like to write when my house is dirty and my house always seems to be dirty. My dream is to have only beds, 10 pieces of clothing, and a gallon of milk in my house. Distractions, dirt, and clutter, be gone!
  • Update my personal website (I really don't want to do this or anything that takes away from my writing time. Maybe I will put my site on hiatus for 2009...)
  • Focus on my writing

Writing Goals

  • Focus on my writing
  • Enjoy my participation in PFaHT!
  • Book 1. Revise single title and submit
  • Book 2. Complete series romance; submit to GRW workshop and Maggies
  • Book 3. Complete women’s fiction and start revisions
  • Book 4. Revise other women's fiction, per Maggie comments and submit

I also plan to save the world.

I look forward to reading more from everyone in the coming year.
Try to reflect on all the wonderful things you accomplished in 2008. Happy 2009 and Happy Writing!

Nicki

7 comments:

Debbie K. said...

Go Nicki!
Let me know how the banish clutter and dirt thing works....
Debbie

Linsey Lanier said...

Who knew? Our goals for '09 are almost the same - except maybe for the saving the world part. And the particular WIPs.

Other than that, looks like we'll both be scrubbing, typing and reaching for the celery and Atkins drinks in '09.

Good luck, Nicki ;)

Linnea

Tami Brothers said...

Too fun, Nicki!!!

I LOVE this post!!! I think we should all do one and not delete them before the blog goes live.

What do you all think?????

Tami Brothers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicki Salcedo said...

I think it would be nice to start with an archive!

Tami Brothers said...

Too funny, Linsey!!! Love the scrubbing, typing and reaching for celery and Atkins drink...

I knew you ladies were going to be fabulous!!!

Kym said...

Amazing! I'll put this blog in my Google reader...