Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hi Ladies,
I enjoyed reading Nicki and Tami's goals. I think I fit somewhere in the middle of these two. I set goals and I usually accomplish them, although on occasion, I fly by the seat of my pants and take off down a rabbit trail for a while.
For instance, I write Romantic Suspense, but one day I got an idea for a "sweet" romance and spent the next few days pounding out the first few chapters. Half-way through the fourth chapter I stopped to write the synopsis and cover letter and shipped it off to Avalon Books in N.Y. That's the one that recently sold! (go figure)

Anyway, my writing goals for 2009 are:
* Finish the re-edit of the manuscript, Memories Are The Last Dance, following it's recent, unsuccessful, submission to the Maggies, and send it to the editor who requested the full manuscript at the "pitch".
* Find an agent
* Complete the editing on the first of a Romantic Suspense trilogy, all completed, and send it off to several agents. (Watch For the Dawn, Facing the Dawn and After the Dawn)
* If I don't have an agent by March 1st, I'll send the first book out to several publishing houses.
* Keep my website updated and be an active participant in this blog.
* Keep my critique partner VERY busy.
* Help my fellow writers in any way I can.

My personal life goals are:
* To lose 70 pounds
I've already started a live-it eating plan, versus a die-it, and in 1 1/2 weeks I've lost 6 pounds...all without exercising. Yes, yes, I know I need to exercise, so that's the second goal.
* To exercise min. of 3 times per week at the gym, plus do an exercise dance video on at least 2 other days each week.
* To be the best wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, teacher (I teach a ladies' Bible study at church), critique partner, GRW member and last, but not least, Writer, that I can.

That's about it...well, except for the unplanned rabbit trails that I know will be in my future. But, like Alice In Wonderland, some rabbit trails turn out to be fun.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Linsey Lanier said...

Sandy,

Congratulations on your sale to Avalon! I remember you mentioned in the GRW meetings that they were interested. Way to go!

Good luck on all your goals!

Linsey

Tami Brothers said...

Yes, major congrats Sandy. And I will be rooting for your and your goals!!!

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Tami

Nicki Salcedo said...

Sandy you can do it all in 2009! We are here for you.