One year I tried reverse psychology, and my goals sounded like: Don't finish projects, don't be organized, and eat a lot more chocolate. It didn't work, but at least I could say I kept my resolutions that year, especially that last one.
One set of resolutions I do try to keep is my writing goals for the year. I keep them fluid, but I definitely make a specific list at the beginning of each year. So here's what I've got for the coming year:
Linsey's writing goals for 2009
- Market my single title (Miranda's Rights, first of a five-book romantic suspense mystery series), by sending queries or partials to at least 5 editors.
- Work on my website.
- Enter more contests.
- Write the synopsis for Book III in the Miranda's Rights series.
- Write the synopsis for a new romantic police procedural, working title is Chicago Cop.
- Write the synopsis for a new romantic thriller, working title is Leap of Death.
- Pick one of the three synopses, research the book and write the rough draft.
Okay. I'm already exhausted, and it's only December 30! What will everyone else be up to in 2009? Whatever it is, I hope your dreams come true!