Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Petit Fours and Hot Tamales – Satisfy Your Literary Cravings

Welcome to Petit Fours and Hot Tamales, a blog created by a group of writers and readers who live along the East Coast, from Georgia to Maryland. Our new blog serves a selection of writing and reading styles to satisfy any palette, from sweet inspiration to hot and spicy and everything in between. We offer an eclectic mix of genres, ranging from historical romance and romantic suspense to young adult and women’s fiction.

We’re a group of friends who got together to share a bit of the writing knowledge we have learned over the years on the path to publication as well as our opinions on a slice of life.

What’s on our weekly menu of topics?

Monday is Media Bits, anything from discussions about books, TV, movies or a range of media.

Tuesday is Freshwater Pearls, where you can dive into romance and glean some pearls of wisdom about how we write and other advice on the craft.

Wednesday is Hot Topics, where anything goes. We blog about a mélange of topics – a mixture that covers front page news or anything that catches our fancy, and hopefully yours.

Thursday is A Taste of Romance, where you can sample snippets of our works in progress.

Friday is Just Desserts, where we share good news and give away gifts to reward our loyal readers.

We look forward to your comments.

The Women of Petit Fours and Hot Tamales

10 comments:

Nicki Salcedo said...

Marilyn, thanks for the intro. You are a fabulous writer. And I am definitely a hot tamale.

Tami Brothers said...

I agree!!! I want to be added to that hot tamale side!!! Although I do like those Petit Fours....

Marilyn Baron said...

Thanks. If you are what you eat, then I must be a Petit Four.

Marilyn

Cinthia Hamer said...

Hmmm...then I guess I must be a Hot Tamale, too.

Marilyn, the intro looks great. You did a fabulous job, dahlink.

PJ said...

Congratulations on the new blog, ladies! I'm looking forward to following you!

Ana Aragón said...

And I'm the ultimate hot tamale! Not only do I write hot, I eat hot and I can make homemade tamales...that are hot!

Looking forward to keeping up with our blog...I know we have some awesome writers here.

Best wishes for a prosperous and prolific 2009...



Ana

Susan May said...

I'm an in-between, but glad to be here none the less.
I want the body on the front of Ana's book for new years. Any chance I could get it for Christmas in 2009?
Great job over all ladies. I'm no computer genius so I'm trying to be a great cheerleader.

Walt Mussell said...

I wish ya'll the best on the launch of this new blog!

Missy Tippens said...

Congrats on the new blog!! Such a great idea!

Missy

Marin Thomas said...

Hi Marilyn

Congrats to you and your fellow writers on the new blog! I love the theme but wonder where I fit in? My Harlequin American books lean toward the petit four but I've enjoyed reading some great Hot Tamales, not to mention I love eating hot salsa!

Looking forward to stopping by often to see what you're all up to.

Happy New Year!

Marin Thomas
RT TOP PICK
The Cowboy and the Angel (Nov 08)
www.marinthomas.com