Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Susan's Goals 2009

I like the sound of goals verse resolutions. Resolutions imply that I'm bad and need to change while goals say that I can achieve something. I like a positive spin because then I'm more likely to accomplish what I'm going after. This year my goals are:

1. To set achievable goals. In the past I've set mine so high that I couldn't reach them. I want some high enough I have to work hard for them but some low enough to feel good about myself by reaching them, at least part of the time.

2. I will finish 2 new books this year. One fiction and one nonfiction.

3. I will see "Nick's New Heart" on the shelf at the Library of Congress

4. I will lose weight not because I want to be a model but because I want to wear the cloths I already own, and most importantly because I want to live a long time.

5. I will give the gift of life this year. More on that later.

6. I will send out 3 book proposals - at least one to an e-publisher-I must think into the future. I want to be on the front end of the curve, not the back for once in my life.

7. I will win at least one contest.

8. I will help at least one new author to improve their own writing and encourage them.

9. I will read a least 3 books out of my genre.

10. I will speak kinder to my 4 early 20's children--still living with me.

11. I will have at least 1 new book contact.

See what I mean by over setting my goals. But without goals we go nowhere, nor do we see where we've been.

Happy New Year All,

Susan

3 comments:

Tami Brothers said...

Awesome goals, Susan. I'm with you all the way.

Also, I want that body from Ana's book, too. You think Santa will be so kind???

Tami

Ana Aragón said...

Great goals, Susan...I like the one about seeing your book at the Library of Congress. Can we do that?

And Tami, I cannot believe you want a body like that emaciated girl on my cover! I about died when I saw it. You can count her ribs, for crissakes...and my heroine has meat on her...oh, well. You'll find out soon enough...you don't have any control over those covers!

Happy New Year!

Ana

Mary Marvella said...

Hey, Susan! I like your goals because we share some. good luck on meeting them in 2009.