Sunday, March 22, 2009

Book review from a WINNER!!!

We received this wonderful review from Marin Thomas. She won the book, Lucky Chica, right here at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales back when Berta Platas guest blogged for us. Marin was gracious enough to share her thoughts on the book. Definitely check back here in April when Marin is featured as one of our Guest Chefs.

Thanks a ton, Marin, for sharing this with us!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucky Chica

A while back I was the Lucky Chica here at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales and won a copy of Berta Platas’ recent release, Lucky Chica. (St. Martin's Griffin)

Hat’s off to Berta for writing a fast-paced, funny and heartwarming story all rolled into one.

What would you do if you won the lottery? Rosie Caballero is suddenly thrown into Life Styles of the Rich and Famous and she drags her cousin Cheeto and their grandmother Abuela along for the ride. Sit back and prepare to laugh, groan and cheer as Rosie learns the good, the bad and the ugly that goes hand-in-hand with becoming wealthy and famous. In truth, Abuela and Cheeto have a far easier time adjusting to their new lot in life than the main character Rosie.

Of course nothing good lasts forever but in the end Rosie gets what money can’t buy—true love.

If you’re looking for a feel-good read, then this is your book. I highly recommend Lucky Chica!

Marin Thomas
Harlequin American Romance Author
www.marinthomas.com

4 comments:

Tami Brothers said...

Excellent review, Marin!!! I bought this book a month ago and had to MAKE myself wait until I was through a bunch of tests at school first. Talk about hard.

After reading this review, I gave in and grabbed Lucky Chica off my shelf. I LOVE Berta Platas. She is definitely at the top of my "Must Buy" list.

Thanks a ton for reviewing this for us. We really appreciate it.

Tami

Sally Kilpatrick said...

What a great review--thanks for chiming in here at PFHT--now I really, really can't wait to read this book!

Sally

Carol Burnside said...

OMG, Lucky Chica does sound great. Guess I'd better head over to Amazon...again. :)

Debbie Kaufman said...

So many great books, so little time! I tried to buy Lucky Chica two days ago at a brick and mortar store and they were out! Heading online to get it!

Thanks for the great review, Marin. Looking forward to your blog with us on April 24th!