Monday, March 30, 2009

Petit Fours and Hot Tamales Welcomes the Superwoman of Writing, the Incredible Stephanie Bond!!!

It's always a pleasure to welcome a fellow Georgia Romance Writers' member to the blog. Stephanie is a long-time contributing member extraordinaire. If you've never had the pleasure of sitting in on one of her workshops, you've really missed out! To keep up Stephanie and her wonderful books, check out her website. Now for a little background on our guest.

Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction. Upon completing her master's degree and with no formal training in writing, she started writing a romance novel in her spare time. Two years later in 1995 she sold her first manuscript, a romantic comedy, to Harlequin Books. In 1997, with ten sales under her belt to two publishers, Stephanie left her corporate job to write women's romantic fiction full-time. With over 40 novels to her name, Stephanie now writes a sexy mystery series for Mira Books and romantic comedies for Harlequin Books.

Stephanie, you do strike me as Superwoman, simply because your publishing schedule this year is just amazing. Having sat in on a couple of your workshops, I know that what created that back-to-back appearance of so many works to be released this year was really experience, planning, and fervent diligence - not super powers. But, if you could have a super power, what would it be and why? And, what is your personal kryptonite?

Stephanie: LOL, I think the Superwomen out there are the ones who write with kids at home! If I do have a super power, I guess it would be multi-tasking. (Which most women excel at, out of necessity!) I’m a big believer in the “chipper” philosophy, that is, chipping away at all the things that need to be done little by little until they’re finished. Being a full-time writer is like running your own business. You’re the Director of the Production Department, which is responsible for writing and post-writing activities, such as reviewing line- and copy-edits and page proofs. You’re also the Director of Marketing & Publicity, which is increasingly time-consuming as new social media platforms emerge. And don’t forget about being Director of Research & Development, which is responsible for coming up with fresh, new product lines! To run your business, you have to devote a certain amount of time to each area. I don’t work in every department every day, but over a seven-day stretch, I try to visit every department at least once. So as the weeks go by, every aspect of my business gets a little bit of my time—which is better than manically jumping from one to another as crises emerge.

My own personal kryptonite? The phone! There aren’t words to describe how much I hate to hear the phone ring. When I hear that awful trilling noise, it’s like a drill into my brain, disrupting my thoughts, screaming, “Pick me up! Pick me UP! PICK ME UP!” It just feels like such an intrusion to me. Maybe some of the reason I hate the telephone is because my home phone number is similar to a local credit union, so I get about 2 dozen wrong numbers in an average day. And my business phone number is one digit off a local CVS Pharmacy, which is good for another half-dozen wrong numbers a day. I’d change the numbers, but in Atlanta, chances are good my number will be close to SOMETHING that’s just as busy. Some days I just turn off the ringer. I own a cell phone only because it’s practical…but the phone number is written on a piece of tape on the back because I use it so infrequently. The phone will consume your time if you aren’t careful—your day will simply evaporate. When I was a teenager, I thought my grandfather was crazy for not having a phone. Now I think he might have been the wisest man who ever lived!

Can you tell us about your releases this year? I, for one, am anxiously awaiting your next three Body Movers books, back-to-back in April, May, and June. But I see you also have 2 Blaze novels, stories in three anthologies, and an e-novella coming up!

Stephanie: Bear with me—last year was a crazy-hard writing year, but that means I put a lot of books in the pipeline for 2009:

Books 4, 5, and 6 in my Body Movers humorous mystery series, 4 Bodies and a Funeral, 5 Bodies to Die For, and 6 Killer Bodies, will be released from Mira Books back to back in April, May, and June. The in-series trilogy will feature a serial killer called The Charmed Killer for his signature of placing a charm in the mouth of each of his victims. (I love the charm bracelet covers for these books!)

April will also see the release of More Than Words, Vol 5., which is a special collection from Harlequin featuring 5 novellas inspired by the works of 5 wonderful charities. My novella, “It’s Not About the Dress,” features a bride who goes undercover as a volunteer at a clothing bank to try to recover her perfect wedding gown that was inadvertently given away, and learns something about herself in the process. All proceeds from the book will go back into the More Than Words program, which provides grants to worthwhile charities. This gift-size G-rated hardcover is perfect for Mother’s Day!

I contributed to 2 anthologies that will be released in July: In Sand, Sun…Seduction!, a woman’s attempt to meet her boyfriend on a remote desert island where he’s supposed to propose is thwarted at every turn by a sexy guide who seems to have his own agenda in the novella “Enticed.” (Harlequin) And in the mystery and suspense hardcover from Harper, Two of Deadliest, I join 25 other authors in a collection edited by the wonderful Elizabeth George. In my short story “Bump in the Night,” a woman is suspected of murdering her ex-boyfriend when he’s found dead on her couch!

Rounding out the year, I’ll have three connected projects in October, November, and December: In the October Blaze, Seduction by the Book, a group of women form an erotic book club, then use the lessons in the pages to seduce the man of their dreams! The organizer of the book club has her own story in the e-novella “Too Hot to Print” in November, and the one remaining (and most reluctant) member of the group visits Christmas past, present, and future in A Long Winter’s Night, a December Blaze. (I really love doing connected projects!)

You know that I’m obligated to ask you about Body Movers Carlotta and her love life. All of our readers would spam me if I didn’t. So, three hot men in her life with no clear frontrunner. Are we going to see her make a choice in one of your upcoming releases? Oh, and if you want to tell us who, we promise just to keep it here among ourselves…

Stephanie: Poor Carlotta…three gorgeous men at her beck and call…if only we were all so lucky! I hope that readers will be patient with Carlotta as she “tries on” the men in her life. She missed out on so much in her twenties while she raised her younger brother, she just doesn’t know how to handle all the sudden attention from Jack, the sexy cop, Coop, the hunky body mover, and Peter, her first love. Each guy offers something different—she just doesn’t know what she wants. Plus, after all she’s been through, she deserves to have a little fun and be the center of attention! As far as which guy she’s ultimately going to pick, Carlotta hasn’t told me yet!

With the kind of adventures that Carlotta usually experiences, like that last hanging off the Fox Theatre balcony at an Elton John concert, what can she possibly get into that will top that?

Stephanie: I can let you know that in one book she has her cake and eats it, too (literally)…and there’s a mysterious stray cat who wreaks havoc with her life…and in one book Carlotta gets a little over zealous with a stun baton! Wesley, too, will have his share of ups and downs in the spring trilogy.

Are we going to get any more Body Movers after 6 Killer Bodies in June? It strikes me, mathematically speaking of course, that there are a lot more numbers out there available for those of us who love to read this series.

Stephanie: That remains to be seen—I’m hoping that there will be at least 2 more books in the series, but ultimately, that’s up to readers! If they keep buying, I’ll keep writing!

Stephanie, what sparked the idea for your Body Movers series and what did your editor/agent say about it at first?
Stephanie: I’d had the idea of a body-moving duo for a while—years, in fact. I could picture the woman being very girly because I liked the juxtaposition, but I couldn’t come up with good motivation for a girly-girl to do something so…icky. There are easier ways to make money, after all. And I didn’t like the idea of her moving bodies to help out a boyfriend—there should be limits to what a woman will do for love! Then I wrote a book called Party Crashers for Avon, and I created a secondary character named Carlotta Wren who worked at Neiman Marcus. When it was revealed in that story that she had actually raised her younger brother and that he was in trouble with loan sharks, a light bulb went on in my head: A woman would do almost anything for a beloved brother, especially if she thought it would help him get on a straight and narrow path. I had my Body Movers! I pitched the series idea to my editor at Avon, but she wanted me to keep writing humorous romantic suspense novels with a resolved romance in each book, versus having the romance arc over several books. So I arranged a meeting with the senior editor of Mira and pitched her the idea over coffee at a conference. She liked it, and later said she bought it because of the sister-brother relationship.

Several of my blog sisters, and others I’m sure, would like to know how to convince others that writing is actually work. They say it is especially hard when they are unpublished and without an income to show for their efforts. How did/do you handle that subject?

Stephanie: First, know that others will take their cues from you. You have to protect your work-time and treat writing as a business. Do you have a place set aside just for your writing? A computer that you share with no one? Do you make time to attend writers meetings with no apologies to your family? Are you keeping good financial records and working with an accountant to write off expenses even before you begin earning money? And think about the way you communicate with others. Instead of saying, “I’ll be working at home today,” you might say, “I’ll be in my home office today.” Change your voice message to say that you’ll return calls after office hours. If your kids and spouse constantly interrupt you, post “quiet” hours on your office door and keep it closed. You can try to train your friends and family not to intrude on your work time, but the truth is your writing isn’t as important to them as it is to you—they’d rather you be doing things for them! So it’s up to you to learn to say, “Go play quietly by yourself for one hour.” or “Hon, can you pick up dinner on the way home?” or “No, I can’t volunteer this time.” It’s up to you to make sure other people don’t spend your time.

Looking back, are there any things you would have done differently at the beginning of your career if you’d had the benefit of hindsight?

Stephanie: Hm…I don’t think so. I believe that every step leads you to where you are, and any missteps I’ve made have been great learning experiences. All we can do is make the best decisions we can with the best information we have at that time and place. And learn how to rebound, reinvent, and regroup. Remember—people who seem to move through life with confidence aren’t confident about the outcome of a decision; they’re confident that they can deal with the outcome, good or bad.

By the time this interview comes out, you will have run a half-marathon. Tell us about your running. And how have you found the time to train while writing?

Stephanie: This will be the third year that I’ve run the ING half-marathon in Atlanta. First, let me say I’m not a natural athlete or a great runner. I’m short and I’m slow. But I’d always wanted to do something to challenge myself physically, and frankly—there’s no skill to running. It’s all about endurance, just putting one foot in front of the other. I can do that. And my readers are great to pledge $13.10 ($1 for every mile I’ll run) to First Book. In return I send them a “Bond Girl” T-shirt or an autographed book. So I raise a little money in the process, and having their names on my jersey gives me extra incentive to finish. The first year, I was running on a sore calf muscle that I’d pulled 2 weeks prior. About 2 miles in, I pulled it again…but I looked over and saw a woman running on a prosthetic leg and I thought, if she can do it, so can I! It was a slow, painful run, but I finished. Last year, I was in much better shape and had trained well, so it was a faster, healthy run. This year….well, I haven’t trained as much as I should have, so I don’t expect to make good time, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is finishing and keeping THIS body moving for a good cause. Writing is so sedentary and so stressful, I’ve found it’s really important to incorporate exercise into my life as often as I can. To that end, I intend to run the ING every year!

Thanks so much for having me at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales!

Thank you Stephanie! Readers, if you have questions for Stephanie or comments, she will be checking in throughout the day to respond to you.

And now for the bonus: Stephanie is giving away one copy of her newest release, 4 Bodies and a Funeral to one lucky reader who leaves her a comment or a question. So get busy, people! If you have any problems logging in to Blogger, please click on the Anonymous option and leave your name inside the comment. Comments will be taken until midnight EST. Check back with us Saturday morning for our winner's name.

34 comments:

Walt Mussell said...

Stephanie,

I had several questions, but apparently Debbie had most of the same ones and asked them in her interview. I picked up a copy of "Party Crashers" last week, as I realized it was the prequel to the Body Movers series, and I had wondered how the Body Movers concept developed from a secondary character in one of your books. I finished Book 3 over the weekend. It was as funny as the first two. I'm looking forward to reading Books 4-6 and am glad to find out there are more to come afterwards.

The one question remaining I have...Has anyone from Neiman Marcus ever called you about the series asking how they were the store lucky enough to be mentioned so constantly in your books?

Debbie Kaufman said...

Good Morning Stephanie!
I want to know how your race went yesterday, and are you going to keep running through the year? Were you happy with your performance in the run?

Tammy Schubert said...

Good morning, Stephanie!

You mentioned that you had a crazy-hard writing year. I was wondering how you managed to produce so much and still keep your sanity. Do you have any advice for the rest of us in terms of speeding up our own production?

Body Movers is a great series, and I'm looking forward to picking up the new releases.

Thanks for coming on the PFHT blog as our special guest today.

Marilyn Baron said...

Stephanie,
Thank you so much for blogging with us today. You are an inspiration. You have helped me so much during my years at Georgia Romance Writers with your advice, your workshops, talks at chapter meetings and by example.

Here's a question about tone. I'm writing a dark romantic suspense with a humorous twist. Do you have any advice about how to pull off humor in the face of violent suspense and sticking with a consistent tone?

Marilyn Baron

Marilyn Baron said...

I'd like to ask one more question.

In addition to trying to maintaining a tone that is not too light and breezy for a serial killer novel, I am wrestling with arriving at the right recipe between suspense and developing romance in the story. Any advice?

Thanks again.

Marilyn Baron

stephaniebond said...

Walt asked:

Has anyone from Neiman Marcus ever called you about the series asking how they were the store lucky enough to be mentioned so constantly in your books?

No! No one at Neiman's has contacted me or my publisher about the books. We approached them about doing something on their website to our mutual benefit, but it got bogged down in committee and eventually went nowhere. But I've been really careful not to have anything terrible happen at Neiman's because I don't want to get in trouble with them. But real businesses are typically okay with being mentioned in books as long as it's in a good connotation.

stephaniebond said...

Debbie asked:

I want to know how your race went yesterday, and are you going to keep running through the year? Were you happy with your performance in the run?

Debbie's referring to the ING half-marathon, which I ran yesterday. (13.1 miles) To be honest, I was nervous this year because I hadn't trained like I should. But I muddled through. I had a very slow run--3 hours, but frankly, I was just very pleased to finish with no injuries. And in the process, raised a little money for charity. (My readers pledge money to First Book, an organization that provides books to at-risk children.) Today I actually feel pretty good considering what I put my body through yesterday! I'll ease back on running for a few months because I can't stand to run in the heat, but I'll pick up my traning again in October to prepare for next year's run.

stephaniebond said...

By the way, Walt, thanks for the nice words about my books! Tammy, too!

Tammy asked:

You mentioned that you had a crazy-hard writing year. I was wondering how you managed to produce so much and still keep your sanity. Do you have any advice for the rest of us in terms of speeding up our own production?

I admit I over-committed last year. 8 back to back projects was simply too much. If I had to do it again, I'd have postponed a couple of those projects. But for anyone trying to up their production, I think it's most important to set goals and be accountable to someone, such as a critique partner. Meeting with my critique partner every week has been the single best I've ever done to stay on track with my deadlnes.

stephaniebond said...

Here's a question about tone. I'm writing a dark romantic suspense with a humorous twist. Do you have any advice about how to pull off humor in the face of violent suspense and sticking with a consistent tone?

That's tough, and it has a lot to do with your natural writing voice. Some of it has to do with the victims--up until this trilogy with the serial killer, I joked that the people who get killed in my books deserve it. It's much easier to make light of a nasty man or a woman coming to a bad end versus an innocent victim. But in the trilogy, I had to do just that. I handled it by not joking about the crime or the victim, but other elements. For example, at one crime scene, Wesley Wren, the "veteran" body mover has to collect a body with a new helper, who happens to be the nephew of the chief M.E. at the morgue. But the guy is a complete goober and keeps messing up--asking crass questions, dropping the body. That helped to balance out the actual seriousness and sadness of the crime itself.


In addition to trying to maintaining a tone that is not too light and breezy for a serial killer novel, I am wrestling with arriving at the right recipe between suspense and developing romance in the story. Any advice?

Use the emotion of the suspense to further the romance. Other writers and I joke sometimes that it's difficult, for example, to have a woman who's running for her life decide to take time out to make love with the hero. The way to make it believable is to use the adrenaline generated by the fear (and the close quarters/proximity) to heighten the attraction and the romance. Hope this helps!

Ami said...

I think I found me a new series! Yay! I haven't read any of the Body Movers books, but I am heading out to the store and I am going to pick up a couple. Thanks, Stephanie!

Ami W.

Marilyn Baron said...

Thanks Stephanie. Yes, your advice does help.

Marilyn Baron

Peg said...

When you're writing so hard and fast, how do you refill your creative "well?" Or, don't you ever run out of inspiration?
thanks!
Peg

stephaniebond said...

Peg asked: When you're writing so hard and fast, how do you refill your creative "well?" Or, don't you ever run out of inspiration?


Working writers don't have the luxury of waiting to be inspired--we have to keep producing, no matter what. To try to stay fresh, I rely on exercise--long walks and cardio--and I try to get as much quality sleep as I can. And sometimes you just have to find something about the project you're working on that's fun. If I'm not feeling gung-ho about a story, I might inject a comical secondary character or a pet just to add some fun to the plot. Overall, though, what inspires me most is being able to finish another project! Bottom line--you can't wait for external inspiration or support--you have to find a reason within to keep pushing through to the end. (The mortgage is great incentive, too!)

Christie Craig said...

Stephanie,

Great advice. As another humorous suspense writer, you are one of my favorite authors. I love the way you spin a story.

Thanks for the information.

Christie Craig

Nicki Salcedo said...

Stephanie,

Thanks for all the great information. Especially your comments about treating writing as a business. I think it is hard to do when writing is something we love. Heaven forbid that we "love" to do our "work".

You gave out egg timers at my first Moonlight & Magnolias and said spend 30 minutes a day writing. I still have the egg timer and I do try to take your advice (writing, plotting, creating) every day. Thank you for always being an inspiration.

Is there another genre out there you'd like to try? Vampires? Family saga?

Nicki
(Yes, I did work at Neiman-Marcus part-time during college. In Palo Alto and Atlanta. I have a Love-Hate relationship with that store!)

Susan May said...

Stephanine,
I always get something new and important when you talk or write about your work ethic. I want to be like you. I read recently "Dress and act like who you want to be." I'm making that a goal in my writing life. Thanks for being with us today.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
I have really enjoyed the Body Movers series and am looking forward to 4-6! It was neat to learn about the prequel and I will be running out to get that one as well as the other stand alone books that you wrote.
Thanks for the advice on how to work out of your home office...priceless!
Caroline Ziebarth

Anonymous said...

Note to self:
Rush to bookstore to catch up on previous Body Mover Series...
Thanks for blogging today - can't wait to lose myself in this series, because it sounds very intriguing. :)

Barbara P./ Needsleep259

Ana Aragón said...

Stephanie,

Thanks for blogging with us today! You're one of my absolutely favorite GRW writers!

I particularly enjoy your Blazes, although your Body Mover series has me hooked. Everytime I go into Neiman's I expect to see Carlotta at the counter. I've gotten quite a few friends hooked on the series!

A question...I remember you doing a promotion of sorts where you gave out several of your books and asked readers to check in at your website and then pass the book on to others to read. It seemed like a great way if getting new readers. How did it work for you, and what were the results?

Ana

Tami Brothers said...

Hey Stephanie,

You are definitely one of my favorite people. You inspire me every time I see/hear/talk to you. Thanks for that.

I LOVE the Body Movers series. I actually had to MAKE myself wait until a semester of school was finished before I would allow myself to read them. Then I plowed through them in just a couple of days. Great job! and I can't wait to read the new ones.

BUT I have to say that my absolute favorites are the Voodoo series. WHEN WILL WE SEE MORE OF THOSE????? I'm begging you and your editors on this!!! I LOVED the video you did about the woman in the bathroom. Still makes me laugh to think about it.

Keep up the great work and THANK YOU for stopping by and chatting with us.

Tami Brothers
(ps - sorry for all the yelling.)

Dianna Love said...

Wonderful advice, as always, Stephanie.

Kudos on getting so many books out this year. Great branding on the Body Movers trilogy - your editor and publisher must be very excited about this series. Looking forward to adding those to my TBR pile (that I hope to put a dent in this summer).

Carol Burnside said...

Stephanie,
Thanks for being here and congrats on a successful race yesterday.

While blog-hopping this morning, I came across your post on bookmarks from last Wed at Plot Monkeys and could SO identify with it. I think it's ingenious of you to have printable bookmarks on your website for readers to download.

I love anthologies, so my question is: How do you get invited to participate in so many anthologies?

Cyrano said...

Good afternoon Stephanie,
I read your blog just now and enjoyed every word.
I visit your website regularly, love it, so informative, and I've also had the pleasure of hearing you speak a few times. I always come away feeling energized and ready to write.
What I need to concentrate on now is logging my hours and keeping track of my writing expenses. I've never done that and I've been writing seriously now for five years. I know you always talk about that in your classes, but somehow I've let the business part slide all these years.
I plan on changing that starting now.
And, good for you with the running. I excersise regularly, but I've never run a marathon, half or whole, before. You are my hero.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a lovely evening,
Tamara

stephaniebond said...

Nicki asked: Is there another genre out there you'd like to try? Vampires? Family saga?

Not another genre, per se, but I'm setting aside time this year to write a couple of screenplays, just to exercise different writing muscles and to challenge myself. I think it's important to look at yourself (these days) as a storyteller primarily, and to look for different outlets for those stories.

stephaniebond said...

Susan said: "Dress and act like who you want to be." I'm making that a goal in my writing life.

LOL, Susan, I certainly hope you don't look too closely at my wardrobe to copy! The only thing I miss about the corporate world is the clothes! Most days I'm just hanging out in gym clothes or jeans and my Merrills shoes!

Linsey Lanier said...

Stephanie,

Thanks so much for joining us at PFHT. You have been an inspiration to me, too, at GRW over the years. I'm always excited when I get to attend a Stephanie Bond workshop. You are such a classy lady and yet you write such hilarious comedy. I am in awe of that ability.

Thanks for the bits of wisdom today.

"Remember—people who seem to move through life with confidence aren’t confident about the outcome of a decision; they’re confident that they can deal with the outcome, good or bad." That's a keeper.

The story of how you came up with and pitched Body Movers is inspiring.

Love the "Bond Girl" T-shirt idea!

Linsey

stephaniebond said...

Ana asked: I remember you doing a promotion of sorts where you gave out several of your books and asked readers to check in at your website and then pass the book on to others to read. It seemed like a great way if getting new readers. How did it work for you, and what were the results?

The results were mixed. I put a sticker on a book, calling it a "pass it on" copy, with room for ten readers' names and a code. Anyone who got that book could go on my website and sign up as a Pass it On reader. What happened, though, is that people put the book on their to be read pile and took forever to pass it on! That was several years ago, too, when readers were a little less tech savvy. I'm thinking of starting it up again when I get my new website in place. I think it's a solid promotional idea...maybe just needs some tweaking.

stephaniebond said...

Tami asked: BUT I have to say that my absolute favorites are the Voodoo series. WHEN WILL WE SEE MORE OF THOSE?????

Ah...the voodoo series. I'm actually working on getting the rights back to the first two voodoo books, then I'll end the series somehow, if I have to republish all the books myself!

stephaniebond said...

Dianna said: Great branding on the Body Movers trilogy - your editor and publisher must be very excited about this series.

Thanks! I love the charm bracelet covers--Mira has a new art director and I think he outdid himself on the trilogy covers. (I even thanked him in my acknowledgments.)

stephaniebond said...

Carol asked: How do you get invited to participate in so many anthologies?

It's important to let your editor know that you're open to doing extra projects. The next time there's an opening, hopefully she'll submit your name. When you get that first novella project, make sure your turn it in on time--or even early! Then you'll be asked again.

Kelly Lee said...

Stephanie,
Thanks for the great post. I love your books and I hope you'll teach a workshop at M&M this year - it will be my first conference. I've downloaded your articles about writing from Amazon and have learned so much from them - I hope you change your mind about writing a how-to book one day. Question: what advice do you have for new suspense writers, especially about pacing? There's too much backstory in my first chapters.

Thanks so much!

Carol Burnside said...

Thanks, Stephanie! You've done double duty today with the Q&A. :)

stephaniebond said...

Kelly Lee asked: What advice do you have for new suspense writers, especially about pacing? There's too much backstory in my first chapters.

You can control your pacing by varying the length of your chapters. I shoot for 10 page chapters, a litle longer if the scenes are emotional, a litte shorter if the scenes are action-packed. Shorter chapters will give the reader the impression that the story is moving quickly.

For a lesson on backstory, I'm going to say this: The story should begin JUST BEFORE the main character's life changes. MAYBE a few paragraphs to show their normal life, then WHAMMO! I'm also going to refer you to the blog of a screenwriter named Blake Snyder (it's his name-dot-com); scroll back in the entries until you see the post for "Act Zero."

And by the way, I WILL be presenting a workshop at Moonlight & Magnolias writing conference this fall titled "Take Stock of Your Career." Hope to see you there!

Suzan Harden said...

*cyber-wave* Hey, Stephanie! Unfortunately, the neighborhood bookstore cut back its hours (they used to close at midnight). Otherwise, I'd be there right now to pick up 4 Bodies & a Funeral. Thank goodness tomorrow's my day off!