Saturday, May 23, 2009



The House on Tradd Street

Author: Karen White
http://www.karen-white.com
Publisher: NAL Trade (November 4, 2008)

ISBN-10: 0451225090
ISBN-13: 978-0451225092
Genre: Women's Fiction/Paranormal
2009 RITA Finalist - Novel With Strong Romantic Elements

Practical, organized sugarholic Melanie Middleton is an anomaly. She uses two or three sugar packets per cup of coffee, indulges in doughnuts and a latte with whipped cream every morning for breakfast, and eats decadent desserts whenever she wants. And people say she's skin and bones. She's a successful real estate agent specializing in old houses in Charleston, but she hates the aging properties she sells. And though she's a very competent and sensible business woman . . . she sees dead people. Several of them in the old house an aged man has just left her.

"The House on Tradd Street," is not only, as the old man said, "a connection to the past" and "a piece of history you can hold in your hands," it's an intriguing ghost story with mysteries in both the present and the past, as well as a heart-rending nostalgic love story buried in years gone by. All written in Karen White's poignant, lyrical style.
No matter what you think of old houses, if you love mysteries, love stories, and great characters, you won't be able to put "The House on Tradd Street" down.

Reviewed by: Linsey Lanier
Rating: 5 Petit Fours and 1 Hot Tamale

8 comments:

Nicki Salcedo said...

Sugaraholic? I will definitely read this book. :-) Thanks, Darcy for posting these reviews.

Debbie Kaufman said...

The heroine must be related to my Emily where the eating is concerned!

Maxine Davis said...

Lindsey
I enjoyed the review; this is certainly my type of mystery.

Tami Brothers said...

Yeah, Linsey. I LOVED this story. I did a review of this same book on December 17, 2008 on my blog at http://tamibrothers.blogspot.com/.

This was truly one of my favorite Karen White books so far. Thanks for sharing this and reminding me how much I enjoyed it!!!

Tami

Karen White said...

I'm so glad you liked this book! And don't forget that the sequel, THE GIRL ON LEGARE STREET, will be out in November and there will be two more books beyond that! Assuming I find the time to actually write them, that is... :-0

Sandy Elzie said...

This sounds like a great book. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll have to leave the To-Be-Read stack where it is and put this one at the top. (g)

Thanks for blogging with us yesterday and I look forward to reading this book and to seeing you at M&M.

Sandy

Mary Marvella said...

So now I need to buy 2 Karen White books for my Karen White shelf.

Linsey Lanier said...

Glad you all are excited about Karen's 2009 Rita nominee. I am, too. Hope you all enjoy the book. Karen is a fabulous lady.

Linsey