Friday, July 17, 2009

Not fantasy, but fantastic!

by Carol Burnside

In a writer's world, it's not everyday you get a chance to hear Janet Evanovich speak, have lunch with Linda Howard and then head to a workshop given by Eloisa James and her NY editor, Carrie Feron. How about following that fabulous morning with another workshop featuring a 4-NY-editor-panel, have cocktails with several published authors, then a private party with a boisterous group of writer friends and authors? Pure fantasy, right? A really, really good dream, maybe.

Wrong.

It's a typical day at an RWA Nat'l Convention. It's also the day I had yesterday. Okay, so I was one of 2000 or so at the lunch with Linda Howard, but the kicker? Today and Saturday I get to do it all over again!

Yeah, it's a rough gig, but I'll try to bear up under the strain. With all this going on, I'm hoping you'll understand if I don't pop into the comments today, but thanks for reading and following our blog. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Debbie Kaufman said...

Carol, sounds like a blast!

Sally Kilpatrick said...

I am so jealous. When I find two pennies to rub together I'm going to start saving for Nationals next year!

Sally

Sandy Elzie said...

Hi Carol,

It's good to hear from you. Glad you could make it to Nationals. Next year will be the first year for a lot of us (since it'll be so close to home) and we're all excited.

Have a great time for all of us this year and thanks for taking time to send us a peek at what we can expect next year.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I really wanted to go to Nationals this year was to see Janet Evanovich. Luckily, I did meet her again at her recent booksigning in Atlanta and I'm blogging about that on August 3.

Have fun at the confernece.

Marilyn Baron

Maxine Davis said...

Carol,

Sounds like you are having a blast! Enjoy every minute. I'm looking forward to hearing about it in person

Linsey Lanier said...

Carol,

I would love to hear Janet Evanovich speak. I'm jealous, too. Sounds like you're having the time of your life. If only we could live at conferences. :)

Sounds like a good post on August 3!

Linsey

Tami Brothers said...

This sounds like so much fun!!! I'm jealous, too. And like Sally, I'll be saving my pennies!

Tami