Saturday, August 22, 2009


The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga)

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon Art by: Claudia Campos
http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Genre: Romance, Comic Book
ISBN-10: 0312376871
ISBN-13: 978-0312376871

This is soooo cool! A romance novel with pictures! What more could I ask for?

Sherrilyn Kenyon is amazing. Her Dark-Hunter world is a phenomenon in itself. Her readers are worldwide and truly dedicated. Not only is she a fabulous story teller, but now she’s giving us a visual media that adds to the experience. Read like a true manga style comic book, back to front, right to left, it can be a tad bit intimidating for a novice comic reader. Yet the visual story makes it well worth the time it takes to learn the format.

This first manga style book is the introductory peak into how the secret world of Daimons/Apollites and Dark-Hunters interact with the dull world we currently live in; kind of a vampire/slayer type of story, but with a Greek mythological twist. The love story between Kyrian and Amanda is sexy as hell and this format brings the badass Dark-Hunter and sweet good-girl accountant to life. The pictures make it fun to watch the love blossom. Throw in a murderous Daimon (Kenyon’s version of vampires) trying to kill them both and you have a fast paced read guaranteed to leave you dreaming about Greek hunks in leather driving fast cars. Just typing this has me wanting to flip to the chase scene again…

Jump on the bandwagon now! Manga style comic books are taking the world by storm. Warning!!! This is definitely a book worth taking a look at, but I can almost guarantee you will be hooked as a fan and running to the stores to buy the other books in the series. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Reviewer: Tami Brothers
Rating(s): 5 Petit Fours and 2 Hot Tamales (only 2 because this book ended before the heated love scenes Kenyon is known for – can’t wait for the next release to see how they handle that!)

2 comments:

Ana Aragón said...

So, Tami,

Are these comic books for adults? I've never heard of "manga style" books. Boy, am I out of touch.

Where can I buy them?

Ana

Tami Brothers said...

Definitely adults, Ana! Although this one was tame enough I allowed my son to read it.

I actually bought mine through B&N. BUT I saw a copy of this one at Walmart right after I bought it. They have a couple of Kenyon's comic books at B&N though. Definitely worth taking a look at.

Lori Foster also has a story of hers coming out in Manga style and I believe I read somewhere that Twilight was also going to be made into a Manga style book.

It was a whole new experience reading the story I already knew this way. AND a lot of fun!!! I can't wait for the next one to come out to see how she handles the love scenes...

Tami