Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Saturday Review


SPANISH MAGNATE, RED-HOT REVENGE

Author: Lynn Raye Harris
Publisher: Harlequin Presents
ISBN-13: 978-0-373-12848-8
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Harlequin Presents is known for it’s uber-Alpha heroes and assertive heroines. This debut offering from Lynn Raye Harris, winner of the Harlequin Presents Instant Seduction First Chapter and Synopsis competition, has that combination in spades.

If you love rich Alpha heroes, you’ll love Lynn’s red-hot and dangerous, yet wounded hero, Alejandro. Rebecca remains sassy and strong in the face of adversity and proves an excellent partner for such a strong Spanish man. The twists and turns of the plot and their emotional upheavals will keep you turning pages, but the steam they generate together will keep you glued till the very satisfying end.

Reviewed by: Carol Burnside
Rating: 5 Petit Fours; 4 Tamales

4 comments:

Debbie Kaufman said...

After reading Lynn's post yesterday, I already wanted to read this one!

Maxine Davis said...

Carol,

I wanted to read this after reading Lynn Raye Harris' interview yesterday. Now, I Have to read it. I enjoyed your review.

Tami Brothers said...

Hey Carol,

Thanks for the review. This was double nice after having Lynn on the blog yesterday. I will share a secret with you, though. I haven't read a Harlequin Presents book since I was a teenager.

Now with Lynn's blog, website, blog post here and now this review; I'm defitely going to look for Spanish Magnate! You have my interested and now I HAVE to read it!

Thanks for sharing this, Carol!

Tami

Sandy Elzie said...

Hi Carol,

Great review & great questions on the blog yesterday. I haven't read any Harlequin Presents either, but I'm intrigued.

Sandy