Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Saturday Review


Stop Me

By Brenda Novak
ISBN: 13:978-0-7783-2460-7
Publisher: Mira
Single Title

Stop Me is part of Brenda Novak’s Last Stand series.

The kidnapping of her sister has haunted Jasmine Stratford for sixteen long years. When she hears about the kidnapping and death of Romain Fornier’s daughter, Jasmine sees similarities between the two cases. Going to New Orleans, Jasmine forces Romain from his hermit life to face the possibility he may have killed the wrong man for the crime against his daughter. In a fast paced story of intrigue and horrible villains, Jasmine and Romain fall in love as they uncover a child kidnapping ring, a sicko killer, and a corrupt cop.

Brenda Novak’s work is not my usual reading material. But after having lunch with her, I thought I needed to take a peek at her work. I wasn’t disappointed. She made a fan. For a writer I don’t think there is higher praise.

Reviewed by: Susan May
4 Petit Fours and 4 Hot Tamales

4 comments:

Sandy Elzie said...

Susan,

Thanks for the review. I haven't read the book, but it sounds like a winner. I cringe at all the scary stuff, but for some reason, I keep reading them!

Sandy

Maxine Davis said...

Susan,

Good review. Love murder and mystery! Must read.

Carol Burnside said...

Susan,
I was in a workshop with her where she talked about her latest, The Perfect Couple. OMG, that one sounded really good, too. I'm glad others write suspense, because my brain just doesn't go there. :)

Tami Brothers said...

Wow! Sounds chilling! I will definitely have to check this out.

Thanks for reviewing it, Susan. I don't normally lean towards this kind of serious premise but I'm game to try it if you liked it.

Tami