Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fly-by Posting

Another crazy day here at the conference!

My alarm didn't go off this morning, so I ended up sleeping in a bit. Which was probably a good thing after last night...(g)....

This morning I had a tough time choosing which workshop to attend (they ALL looked great!). I ended up seeing Jennifer Talty talk about Writing the Winning Synopsis and then was thrilled to listen to one of my favorite YA authors, Trish Milburn, give us some tips From the Cinema to the CW. This was FILLED with some great YA information. Both workshops left my brain hurting from all the great ideas they generated. (I really wish M&M would record their workshops. I would pay really good money to hear what those others had to say.)

At lunch, we had the best speech I have heard to date. This was from Sherrilyn Kenyon. She brought me to tears on more than one occasion and had me laughing my tail off on a few others. She was very motivating and left me feeling like I truly belonged here with all these other fabulous writers.

Okay. I'm headed to another workshop and then the book signing this afternoon. I hope my husband didn't notice the checkbook missing....

See ya later!

~Tami~

2 comments:

Maxine Davis said...

Tami,

And I was snoozing so good, I was glad the alarm didn't go off!

Love your posts. You were a busy, busy lady!

Amanda said...

Sherrilyn truly was fantastic. I wish I could have gone to the synopsis workshop. There were some really tough decisions to make on which one to go to. It was an excellent conference. I'm looking forward to next year.

-Amanda Berry