Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Conference Updates

Oh my Gosh!!! There's just no time to get on here. You can not believe how much stuff is going on. The things people are saying.

Last night was BUSY!!! We had a ton of people register and then got together for Pizza and movies. I lasted through half of Romancing the Stone before I started dozing. (nothing against the movie - it's one of my favorites I just couldn't last through it)

Today we are in the middle of cold reads and an awesome editor/agent panel. Susan is sitting beside me working her magic on the volunteer list. (Carol we miss you!!!!!)

In just a few hours we will start the Pitch Workshop. I definitely need help with mine!

At noon, Rita Herron, Jennifer St. Giles, Cindy Miles, Berta Platas and Raven Hart are presenting a cool talk on Demons, Vampires, Fairies and Werewolves - Oh My!!! (Oh my is right!)

At 1 we will hear Nancy Northcott, Trish Milburn and Caren Crane Helms speak about Building a Name Before and After the Sale. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

At 2, the fabulous Tami Cowden is doing an intensive workshop on the 16 Archetypes of Heroes and Heroines. (Thank you M&M for not scheduling any other workshops during these!!!!)

Man, I wish you all were here. I can't tell you how exciting this is.

Okay, back to the conference.

~Tami~

3 comments:

Carol Burnside said...

Y'all are taking good notes to share though, right? I miss being there. (sigh)

Pam said...

What a great day! Thanks for the workshop tonight--a whole new way to approach plotting. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Maxine Davis said...

And I was in a pitch workshop with Mary Buckham. Let me tell you, she is just fabulous!! Thank you Mary, thank you!