Tuesday, November 24, 2009


Film: THE HOLIDAY (2006)
Starring: Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Jack Black

Writer/Director: Nancy Meyer
Link to IMDB page (IMDB.com): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457939/
Preview: http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK/video/screenplay/vi3321037081/
Genre: Romantic comedy

SUMMARY: Two women troubled with guy-problems swap homes in each other's countries, where they each meet a local guy and fall in love.--IMDb
I’ve watched this movie twice already and plan to see it again this holiday season. It is fast becoming a favorite. If you like holiday settings, character growth, a great story, romance or light comedy, you’ll like this movie. It has all of them. And if you’re sentimental, like me, you’ll find yourself getting misty-eyed in places. Definitely a heart-warming, feel-good movie.

Reviewed by: Carol Burnside
Ratings: Petit Fours: Recommended View! I love it. Hot Tamales: 2.5

6 comments:

Sandy Elzie said...

Hi,
Haven't read the book, but saw the movie and enjoyed it.

Thanks for the review. I hate it when I find out there's a book...AFTER I've seen the movie. The book is usually better, but it's ruined for me. (All I can see is the director's vision, not my own.)

Sandy

Pam said...

I love this movie, too! I have seen it so many times I've lost count!

Pam said...

Aargh--forgot to mention I'm doing a giveaway on my blog site this week. Check it out at http://pamasberry.com.

Maxine Davis said...

Carol,
Good review. Yes, I've seen it and would like to see it again. I love the ending.

Tami Brothers said...

Hi Carol!!! This is another favorite for me! Thanks for reviewing it. I'm grabbing my copy off of my movie shelf and watching it this weekend!

Tami

Marilyn Baron said...

I have seen this movie and I really liked it too.

Marilyn Baron