Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Saturday Review


Ghosts of Girlfriend’s Past

Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner
Director: Mark Waters
Studio: Warner Bros.
DVD Release Date: September 22, 2009
Rating: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)

Conner Mead has it made. He’s rich, successful and can have any woman he wants. His love em’ and leave em’ attitude is well known in the circle he travels and is actually one of the quirks that draw women to him. For Conner, life just can’t get any better. When he’s invited to attend his brother’s wedding, he heads out with one resolve: to talk him out of making the biggest mistake of his life. What Conner doesn’t know is that he’s about to take a trip through hell and the choices he makes this weekend will determine just how good life could be.

After seeing his childhood sweetheart, Jenny, Conner is forced to take a trip down memory lane in a Christmas Carol-type adventure. He’s confronted with girlfriends from his past, present and future, and is left after each trip to ponder life without Jenny in it. With the end of the weekend fast approaching, his window of opportunity is starting to close. Will Conner make the right decision? Or will his skewed view on life end up ruining not only his future, but his brother’s as well?

I love anything “Christmas Carol.” It’s rare for me to find a Christmas Carol-type show that I haven’t seen, but each year I look for them. I was thrilled when someone told me about Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. As soon as I realized it stared Matthew McConaughey (oh my!), I knew it would be a keeper. McConaughey and Garner were perfect in their roles. Even though I knew how it had to end, the writers did a great job of giving this story a unique feel. If you are looking for a fun, sexy story where the hero gets exactly what he deserves (you’ll have to watch it to see what I mean), then Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is one you’ll want to see. I LOVED it!

Reviewer: Tami Brothers
Rating: 5 Petit Fours and 3 Hot Tamales

3 comments:

Sandy Elzie said...

Thanks for the review. Yes, I agree about Matthew. (even though I'm old enough to be his mother)

I will get this one...it sounds great.

Sandy

Marilyn Baron said...

I did see this movie and liked it too.

Marilyn

Linsey Lanier said...

Sounds like a terrific, funny movie. We'll have to pick it up at the video store. Thanks, Tami for letting us know about it. :)

Linsey